The Best Canoe Equipment And Canoe Trip Gear For Boundary Waters Canoeing
Our specialty is being your Boundary Waters Canoe Area outfitter! The most important piece of canoe equipment in your wilderness outfit is your canoe. It will be your only means of transportation in this vast two million acre wilderness of forested lakes and streams throughout the Ely, Minnesota BWCAW. Your personal safety and comfort are the criteria we use in selecting canoes and kayaks for our outfitting fleet. We feature three of the most prestigious names in the canoe industry – MAD RIVER, BELL and We-No-Nah! There are no finer canoes made! Royalex, produced by Uniroyal, is ideally suited as a hull material for lightweight, impact resistant canoes such as the MAD RIVER Eclipse weighing only 57 pounds.
Kevlar is the lightest weight material used in the manufacture of canoes, and Canadian Waters canoe outfitters offers more models of Kevlar canoes than any outfitter in the BWCA canoe country. Because every party is different and every trip is different we are able to select the type of canoe you paddle to suit your exact needs. Since no single manufacturer makes the perfect canoe for all occasions, we use canoes from the top three companies in the country.
Canoe Equipment: It Is All About The Quality
In addition to your canoe, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness requires specially designed canoe trip gear and equipment:
- All of our tents are ideal for Boundary Waters canoeing. They are free-standing, the lightest weight in the industry, and are “Expedition Caliber” tents custom made to our own specifications by such companies as Sierra Designs and North Face!
- Our sleeping bags are made by Slumberjack to our specifications and we launder them after each use. Special compression sacks squeeze these bags down to the size of a large grapefruit, perfect for canoeing.
- Your custom-made canoe packs will be a blend of several different shapes and sizes, depending on their use. We are the only canoe trip outfitter using a completely waterproof(guaranteed) personal pack, and all of our Supreme Outfitting packs have a padded hip strap. Rugged, waterproof, lightweight and comfortable to carry – perfect for your Boundary Waters or Quetico canoe trip.
- We use only RichMoor and Backpacker’s Pantry freeze-dried foods – the finest names in the industry, and we offer the widest variety of menu choices for your selection.
- Our canoe outfitting equipment and specialized canoe gear is designed, manufactured and maintained for the most important person in the world – you, our customer.